Termite Control in Downey CA & Surrounding Areas
Termites eat wood, and can consequently cause great structural damage to your home if left unchecked. Typically, homeowner's insurance policies do not cover destruction caused by termites, even though they cause over 1 billion dollars in damage to homes in the U. S. each year. With decades of experience in termite control throughout Whittier, Downey CA and the surrounding areas, Rousselle provides inspection and treatment programs to help you understand the threat of termites, and will take the necessary steps to protect your home.
You can’t assume your home is termite-free just because you’ve never seen them. We thoroughly inspect your home or business, looking for the tell-tale signs of termite infestation. Typically, a termite inspection on a single family home lasts between 45-90 minutes, depending on the size of the home. We check the exteriors, interiors, attics and subareas. We do NOT check wood roofs or second story eaves (except from ground level).
Some of the things we look for are:
- Mud tubes built for traveling above ground
- Damaged or hollow-sounding wood
- Pinholes in drywall or wallpaper
- Small piles of sawdust
- Piles of small wings
- Swarming insects
Once we have seen evidence of an infestation we will inspect even more carefully to determine the type of infestation present and the extent of the infestation. We will then be able to present you with the various options for eradicating the problem. We provide escrow inspections and reports for real estate transactions.
Termite Control Methods
Common termite eradication methods include:
- Fumigation (with tenting of structure): uses Vikane gas to eliminate termites
- Orange Oil Treatments: uses XT-2000 (oil derived from orange peels) applied directly to infested wood to eliminate termites
- Borate Treatment: uses chemical foams to treat termite infested areas, especially wall voids
- Pressure Treatment: uses chemicals introduced beneath slabs to eliminate subterranean termite infestations
Contact us for more information on our termite control services or to schedule an inspection.